Monday, May 11, 2009

New Movies in Theaters

If you are like me, you watch movies in the theater. I am only an online movie critic, however, I believe I have great taste in movies. My intention is to input info on movies here that are known, new, and maybe some unknown ones. That being said, the following are 3 movies I plan on (or have) seeing this month: X-men Origins: Wolverine, Star Trek, Terminator: Salvation.
I have currently seen X-men Origins. While it wasn't the best movie on story, this movie has more than enough action. It is rather fast paced, and keeps you trying to catch up. Again, because of lack of story, little is said about who Wolverine actually was, however, it was true to the character. The characters used were lively, had personality despite the little we saw of them, and connected with the story that is later changed by the movie makers.
If you go back to X-men the first one that came out, you can see parallels here with the character. That should be the case, but it's nice when the storyline and characters mesh together correctly. The original Wolverine was a bit more hot tempered and wild than the on screen version, however, I believe most of his energy and personality were captured. You can also see that his energy and fire were dimmed slightly as the movies progressed. I think in part due to Xavier, but also the other people his character had to deal with. He was needed to be tender and milder, and thus he became more so. But, he still managed to keep some of the wild fire deep in his soul.
Some of the story was predictable, as we already know how Wolverine came to be. Though, the creators used some imagination in incorporating things seen later. Overall I'd give this movie an 8/10. For girls and gay men alike, I suppose Hugh Jackman is sexy enough to go see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment